Duplicate MP3 Finder
Duplicate MP3 Finder
Find and remove duplicate audio files and organize your music collection easily!!
You may not realize how many duplicate music files you have on your computer or scattered across your home or corporate network. Duplicate files are in most cases redundant and unnecessary, so keeping them is a waste of valuable hard disk space. Your hard drives may be full of extra copies of audio files waiting to be removed. Easy Duplicate Finder will help you reclaim your valuable disk space and organize your music collection.
Easy Duplicate Finder can help you to find and remove duplicate music (mp3, wma, etc.) files with the same name or file properties. Predefined filter masks are provided to quickly and easy search for and find duplicate audio files. Simply click on the “File Types” button and choose ‘Music Files’. When the scan is run any audio file that has a common file extension will be analyzed and checked for duplicates. Afterwards the list of duplicate files can be sorted, exported to an HTML report, and acted upon-duplicate files can be deleted, renamed, moved, or copied.
You can adjust file comparison criteria during scanning for CRC32 Checksum or for Byte-by-Byte. Checksum comparison involves reading the file from the beginning to the end and generating a unique number calculated based on its contents. This number is stored and used to compare the contents to other files (using the same method) to determine if they are truly identical. If you plan on regularly checking for duplicates, it is recommended you choose this method.
The byte-by-byte method reads the entire contents of two files and checked for equality in parallel. This method is very accurate but tends to take longer, particularly for large files (such as media files). For this reason we recommend that when searching for duplicate audio files that you choose the CRC32 comparison method.
- Organize your music collection!
- Identify and recover wasted disk space.
- Minimize time used to unneeded virus scanning.
- Remove duplicate files to eliminate synchronization problems.
- Lessen backup size and time.
- Can find duplicate from a selected set of folders (i.e. not from whole drive).
- Find duplicate files based on Byte-by-Byte or CRC32 methods.
- Find duplicate music files (MP3, WAV, AIFF, AAC, etc.)
- Preview audio within application using default associated Media Player.
- Search local PC and named files shares over network.
- Works with removable media devices like Floppy, USB, etc.
- Results can be exported in HTML and CSV formats.
- Sync your iTunes and/or Windows Media Player music libraries
Try Mp3 Duplicate Finder today, and you will be amazed by all those unnecessary duplicate music files that reside on your computer / iPod. And, you can delete them with confidence, without having to compare them visually or by some other means.