Reviews - FindMySoft
Easy Duplicate Finder – Like the Name Says
Organise your desktop and remove junk files
Original review: Easy Duplicate Finder – Like the Name Says at FindMySoft
Checking the Windows Registry for errors, removing the applications you no longer need, and removing data that is needlessly taking up space on your computer – these are some of the tasks you must perform from time to time to ensure your computer runs smoothly and rapidly. Duplicate files definitely fall into the “data that is needlessly taking up space on your computer category.”
So how do you remove duplicate files from your computer? You can do it the manually way, but this could prove to be a big pain in the unmentionables. Searching your entire drive for duplicate files will take some time, especially if you have a really big hard drive and a lot of files stored on it.
You could let a specialized application do it automatically while you relax. One such application is the WebMinds-developed and aptly named Easy Duplicate Finder. Here is what you can expect to get from Easy Duplicate Finder, from a functionality point of view:
- Checks the drive or folder you specify for true duplicate files. By true I mean files that have the same content, not files that are simply named the same.
- Checks the ID3 tag of your music files and thus locates duplicate songs.
- The flexible file scan settings allow you to search file by predefined or custom masks, skip zero-length files, set size conditions, bypass compressed files.
- Scan multiple drives or multiple folders at once.
- Move duplicate files to the Recycle Bin or delete them.
- Manually delete duplicate files or use the application’s Auto Selection options.
- Rename duplicate files.
- Generate an HTML fully hyper-linked report.
- Automatically log all scans and actions to an external file.
- Full Unicode support.
- An easy to use interface.
Before you go get Easy Duplicate Finder and put it to the test, take a look at the details presented below:
- Download – the download weighs in at 4.4MB, which means it will only take a moment to get Easy Duplicate Finder off the web and onto your computer.
- Supported OS – at the time of writing this and according to the developer, Easy Duplicate Finder provides support for Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Limitations – the trial version processes only 10 duplicate groups.
The thing is that duplicate files will build up over time and there is little you can do to prevent that from happening. What you can do is detect duplicates and get rid of them. Easy Duplicate Finder is a powerful, easy to use application that allows you to do that. The functionality it provides is something any Windows user will welcome.
- Easy to use
- Does its job fast
- Finds true duplicates, finds duplicate songs
- Rename files you're unsure of
- Flexible scan settings
- Tells you how much space duplicate files take up
- Compatible with Windows 7
- Processes only 10 duplicate groups
- Comes bundled with the Ask Toolbar; asks to make Ask your default search provider and Ask.com your home page
- Nag Screen