Duplicate Removal Utility - Duplicate File Finder
Scan and Compare your Duplicate Files. Its as easy as 1-2-3!
Why Choose Easy Duplicate Finder™? When it comes to choosing best product at the best value - we know you have several choices. But no other product is more accurate or more reliable than Easy Duplicate Finder™. Easy Duplicate Finder™ has been one of the most highly downloaded duplicate file finder applications on the Internet. We believe it’s because people have been so happy with the results they’ve spread the word…
We’ve been producing diagnostic and system level software for over 20 years, and have relationships both here in the United States and globally with some of the largest computer manufacturers in the world. You can be confident in the quality of software we deliver to you.
Why Look for Duplicates?You may be surprised the first time you run a duplicate file finder on your computer. An average computer may have hundreds even thousands of duplicate files. There are many reasons this occurs, for example a person may continue to transfer new photos over from their digital camera. During each transfer previous photos are being copied again with the new photos. Before too long there may be multiple copies of the same photo on the computer.
Having multiple duplicates on your computer wastes space, creates longer backups and in general can be just annoying when you go to look for a particular file. Easy Duplicate Finder™ will keep your computer organized by periodic usage, and could even save you money if you pay for a backup service.
How does it work?
Easy Duplicate Finder™ can help you to find and remove any duplicate file with the same name or file properties. Predefined filter masks are provided to quickly and easily search for and find duplicate files. Simply click on the “File Types” button and choose the type of files you wish to search for. When the scan is run files that have common file extensions will be analyzed and checked for duplicates. Afterwards the list of duplicate files can be sorted, exported to an HTML report, or resolved. Duplicate files can be deleted, renamed, moved, or archived.
Overview: Benefits and Features
- Reduces backup time and backup costs
- Organizes files on your computer for easier and faster searches.
- Reduces frustration when looking for specific files.
- Saves disk space.
- Improves efficiency on your desktop, makes finding files much easier.
Locates and Resolves Duplicate Files of all Types!
- Intuitive interface makes operations easy.
- Optimized search engine quickly scans all locations.
- Advanced comparison methods quickly diagnoses and finds all duplicates.
- Low level byte-by-byte comparison mode identifies true duplicates.
- Auto select wizards help to resolve duplicates with accuracy.
- Not limited to just certain file types, can check for duplicate music, photo, video, or productivity files and many more!
Supports Mobile and Portable Devices
- Easy Duplicate Finder™ can find and remove duplicate files on any storage system or device that shows up as a drive letter on your computer, such as your iPod, iPhone, Zune, Zip, PSP, Mp4, etc. If it has a drive letter, Easy Duplicate Finder™ can scan it!
Export Reporting Function
- The Export function allows you to generate a list of your scan results into a text or a fully linked HTML file. This can be beneficial as a historical recording of the file changes, or as a way for you to handle the duplicates later without having to rerun the program.
Explorer and Recycle Bin Integration (New!)
- Now you can decide whether to include or exclude the contents of the Recycle Bin during a file comparison scan. Plus with integration with Windows Explorer you can simply drag and drop folders from Explorer directly into the Include or Exclude areas of Easy Duplicate Finder™
Choose a Comparison Method
- CRC32 Checksum + File Size. Checksum comparison involves reading the file from the beginning to the end and generating a unique number calculated based on its contents. This number is stored and used to compare the contents to other files (using the same method) to determine if they are truly identical. If you plan on regularly checking for duplicates, it is recommended you choose this method.
- Byte-by-Byte. Reads the entire contents of two files and checked for equality in parallel. This method is very accurate but tends to take longer, particularly for large files (such as media files).
Scan & Compare Multiple File Types
With Easy Duplicate Finder™ you can easily and quickly search your computer for duplicate files of all types. For example:
- Adobe Acrobat files.
- Compressed and other archive files
- MS Office Files
- Outlook PST files
- Open and MS Office files
- Photo files
- Video files
- Web files
- And much more!
Easy Duplicate Safe Search Features
- Avoid scanning of System files
- Avoid scanning of hidden or protected files
- Exclude operating system files
- View file properties
- Protect system files and folders
Automated Features to Help Resolve Duplicates
- Preprogrammed methods for easy file selection
- Choice of automated, assisted or fully manual duplicate resolution